Library Guide SY 2021-2022
LRC Services being offered during Community Quarantine.The Highest Priority is the safety of the Library Staff and the Users. Library Staff will follow the College and Public guidelines such as;
- Social Distancing
- Wearing Masks
- Frequent Hand washing
- Sanitizing and;
- Disinfecting of workspaces
- Quarantining of Library Items :
To ensure safety measures upon returning the books in the library, staff will quarantine the books inside the cellophane bags for 72 hours before shelving them to the next users.
- Overdue Notices
- Overdue notices is served through email and penalty of library materials is observed.
Circulation Policies and Procedures:
Lending of library collection to JMC Faculty, students and staff in person pick up only. This service will support teaching and learning process. It shall be contactless service. It means to say that there is No Face to face enter- actions. Pick –up Service will be located at JMCFI Entrance Gate.
Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM only and Saturday from 8:00 AM to 12:00 pm
The Library remain closed. It is open for contactless pick-up services.
How to request needed materials through online services?
- Submit book request through email Using LRC College library account.
Borrowing of Library MaterialsHow to pick up your book/ item?
· Kindly present your JMC ID to our Security Guard and librarian/library staff incharge.
· Check your College Library Account before going to JMC for the approval of the request.
· You will receive notification email from LRC letting know when your items are ready for pick-up.
Users are advice email the following email addresses for library service:
Returning of Library Materials
· Pick-up the book / item inside the labeled bag with your name and date of transaction and sign the corresponding card provided as proof of borrowing the items / books using with your own ball pen.
· Take your items/ books on the table with the presence of the security guard. Use with Care of the Library Materials borrowed:
· Do not disinfect borrowed book/ item to avoid book damage.
Return the book by any book drop provided at the JMC Entrance. Take note books/ item s remain 72 hours quarantine before it will return to the library section for the next users.
At least three books allowed to be borrow.Three ( 3 ) days for non fiction and seven (7) days for fiction.
Scanned services delivery thru email is available. Just email the mentioned email addresses and service within 24 hours for 3 to 5 topics.
Fines and other library charges:
- Non-fiction books (3 days) – one day overdue - Php 5.00 per day
- Fiction books (7 days) – one day overdue - Php 5.00 per day
- Photocopy per page – Php 1.00 for short bond paper and Php 1.50 for long bond paper
- Print – Php 1.50 for short bond paper and Php 2.00 for long bond paper
The borrower should report it immediately to the Readers’ Services Librarian/staff, otherwise, if the book/item becomes overdue, the borrower will have to pay the overdue fine incurred until the day the loss is reported in addition to replacement or payment for the book/item. Fines will be charged on books/items declared lost and returned at the end of the semester. Processing fee of Php 100 will be charge for the replacement books.
Mutilating books are serious offenses and will be dealt more strictly.
A) CCP Philippine Encyclopedia of Arts:
Cultural Center of the Philippines, Filipiniana Digital Collections
Kindly email the mentioned email addresses for the password
B) ODILO Digital Library
- Type https://library.jmc.edu.ph/
- The provided JMC email will be use and applicable (@jmc.edu.ph)
- The student ID number will be the username.
- Students can borrow seven e-resources.
- Faculty can borrow fifteen e-resources for 21 days.
Directory Of LRC Personnel:
Rafael L. Garcia, MLIS, RL Chief Librarian
Ann C. Jumamil, MLIS, RL Assistant Librarian
John Paul Baylon
Kyle Charvie Pellerin